Friday, April 25, 2008
Because Everyone Else Does It...
Count me among the thousands of football wonks out there who think they can predict the first round of the NFL Draft. It's an exercise in futility to be sure, but what the hell, I'll take a shot.
I'll spare you my analysis because that would make for a seriously long-winded piece. But keep in mind that the picks I've made do not reflect trades that I think will happen.
So without further ado, here goes nothing.
1. Miami Dolphins - Jake Long - OT - Michigan
2. St. Louis Rams - Chris Long - DE - Virginia
3. Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan - QB - Boston College
4. Oakland Raiders - Darren McFadden - RB - Arkansas
5. Kansas City Chiefs - Glenn Dorsey - DT - LSU
6. New York Jets - Vernon Gholston - DE - Ohio State
7. New England Patriots - Brandon Albert - OG - Virginia
8. Baltimore Ravens - Leodis McKelvin - CB - Troy
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Keith Rivers - LB - USC
10. New Orleans Saints - Sedrick Ellis - DE - USC
11. Buffalo Bills - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - CB - Tennessee State
12. Denver Broncos - Derrick Harvey - DE - Florida
13. Carolina Panthers - Reshard Mendenhall - RB - Illinois
14. Chicago Bears - Ryan Clady - OT - Boise State
15. Detroit Lions - Jeff Otah - OT - Pittsburgh
16. Arizona Cardinals - Aqib Talib - CB - Kansas
17. Kansas City Chiefs - Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt
18. Houston Texans - Kentwan Balmer - DT - North Carolina
19. Philadelphia Eagles - Devin Thomas - WR - Michigan State
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jerod Mayo - LB - Tennessee
21. Washington Redskins - Kenny Phillips - S - Miami
22. Dallas Cowboys - Limas Sweed - WR - Texas
23. Pittsburgh Steelers - Phillip Merling - DE - Clemson
24. Tennessee Titans - Malcolm Kelly - WR - Oklahoma
25. Seattle Seahawks - Gosder Cherilus - OT - Boston College
26. Jacksonville Jaguars - Lawrence Jackson - DE - USC
27. San Diego Chargers - Jonathan Stewart - RB - Oregon
28. Dallas Cowboys - Felix Jones - RB - Arkansas
29. San Francisco 49ers - DeSean Jackson - WR - California
30. Green Bay Packers - Brandon Flowers - CB - Virginia Tech
31. New York Giants - Dan Connor - LB - Penn State
That's it, that's the list. I'll be back on Monday to make fun of myself for being so wrong about these picks. Hey at least I'll get number one right.